The Early Childhood Generalist Endorsement expands opportunities for teachers who currently hold the Early Childhood License (age 3 to grade 3). School districts also benefit from greater flexibility in teacher assignments. Only currently licensed teachers are eligible for this program.
- Ohio academic content standards for grades 4-5
- Pedagogy and methods appropriate for students in grades 4-5
- A deep understanding of child/adolescent development
The program includes four courses totaling 9 semester hours of graduate-level credit. The next cohort begins in summer 2013. See schedule below for course offerings:
Summer 2013 Cohort Start:
Summer Semester Courses (begin May 13, 2013, and end August 17, 2013):
- Teaching Reading and Language Arts to Fourth and Fifth Graders
- Teaching Social Studies to Fourth and Fifth Graders
- Teaching Mathematics to Fourth and Fifth Graders
- Teaching Science to Fourth and Fifth Graders
Important Note: In order to be recommended for the Endorsement, you must complete all courses with a 2.75 cumulative Grade Point Average and pass the Praxis II Exam #0014 (for paper-pencil based) or #5014 (for computer based), Elementary Education Content Knowledge.
Adding the Endorsement:
Instructions for applying to have the endorsement added to your existing license can be found HERE.