It’s here! Blackboard, Ohio University’s learning management system, has been upgraded to Bb9 as of June 16.
What does that mean for you—the student—since summer classes start next week?
- You will login to Bb9 at a different link. The links from Web sites have been updated, but if you have bookmarked or made the old link a “favorite” – DO NOT use the old link.
- You need to assure that your computer has the “right stuff” to take full advantage of Bb9, so start by running a browser compatibility check. You will find the link to the check at www.outreach.ohio.edu/studentservices
- There are changes to the way some things look and work in Bb9. To learn about those differences and how to use the new interface, visit the following page and view the “how to” tutorials: www.outreach.ohio.edu/studentservices
- Although it may take some time to adapt to the changes, Bb9 offers benefits that will enhance your online learning experience. So dive in and begin the adventure to a better online environment! Within no time you’ll be a pro.
We’re all adjusting, so we understand that you may have questions.
Make sure to view the tutorials at www.outreach.ohio.edu/studentservices, then if you need further help, refer to the options listed on the right side of that page or click on the graphic at the top of this page to visit http://d2.parature.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=8087 for online tech support
August 24 - Last day to pay fees for fall quarter to avoid late payment charge
September 6 - Last day to cancel registration for fall quarter (remove all courses and fees)
Note: Cancellation of registration is defined as dropping all classes before the first day of classes
September 7 - First Day of classes
September 9 - Last day to add an online class
September 21 - Last day to remove a fall quarter class from student's academic record with possible fee adjustment
- Last day to receive partial fee adjustment (80%) of registration fees for complete withdrawal from the University for fall quarter
September 22 - Fall quarter classes dropped will not remove fees for hours dropped; corrected registration that results in increased hours could increase tuition. Fall quarter classes dropped from this date through October 11 (last
day to drop a class) will remain on student's academic record with WP/WF grade with no fee adjustment
September 29 - Last day to apply for graduation for fall quarter
October 11 - Last day to drop a class from your fall quarter schedule (use Web Registration). Course remains on student's academic record with WP/WF grade with no fee adjustment.
October 18 - Last day for removing incomplete grades incurred during last enrollment (if not removed, I grade will change to F)
October 25 - Winter quarter priority registration begins
November 11 - Veterans Day holiday (University offices officially closed; classes not in session)
November 12 - Last day to withdraw (drop all classes) from the University for fall quarter (contact college or regional campus student services offices) Note: Courses remain on student's academic record with WP/WF grades with no fee adjustment.
November 15 - Last day of classes for fall quarter
November 17 – 23 Fall quarter examination period